The International Max Planck Research School on Adapting Behavior in a Fundamentally Uncertain World (Uncertainty School) combines approaches from Economics, Law and Psychology to explain human decisions under uncertainty more effectively and to better design institutional responses.
The Uncertainty-School is jointly hosted by:
- Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods, Bonn
- Max Planck Institute of Economics, Jena
- Max Planck Institute for Human Development, Berlin
- Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena - Department of Social Psychology
- Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena - Department of General Psychology
- Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena - School of Economics and Business Administration
- Indiana University, Bloomington - Program in Cognitive Science, and Workshop in Political Theory and Policy Analysis
- The Hebrew University of Jerusalem - Center for the Study of Rationality
- University of Trento - Interdepartmental Centre for Research Training in Economics and Management, CIFREM
- University of Bonn - Institute of Commercial and Economic Law
In Jena the Uncertainty School is part of the Jena Graduate School Human Behaviour in Social and Economic Change, and in particular cooperating with the International Graduate College Conflict and Cooperation between Social Groups. Dynamics of Change in Intergroup Relations and the Graduate College The Economics of Innovative Change.
- The 7th Thesis Workshop of the IMPRS Uncertainty was held at castle Oppurg from February 10th till 13th 2014. Report
- Please download the Poster and the Flyer about the IMPRS Uncertainty
- Guide for Students: We prepared a brochure with handy information on the IMPRS Uncertainty Program and the Max Planck Institute and the city of Jena for you to download
- The 8th IMPRS Uncertainty Summer School will be held from July 13th till August 8th 2014.
- The 7th IMPRS Uncertainty Topics Workshop "Economics meets Psychology" was held in Wrocław from September 22nd till 25th. Report
- The 7th IMPRS Uncertainty Summer School was held from July 14th till August 9th 2013. Report
- The 6th Thesis Workshop was held at castle Ringberg from February 25th till March 1st 2013. Report
- The 6th Topics Workshop was held at the Erasmus University Rotterdam from October 15th till 19th. Schedule Report
- The 6th IMPRS Uncertainty Summer School was held from July 23rd till August 17th 2012. Report
- The 5th Thesis Workshop was held at the MPI for Collective Goods, Bonn from February 13th till 15th 2012. Report
- The 5th Topics Workshop of the IMPRS Uncertainty was held in Jena, October 10th-12th. 2011. Program
- The 5th IMPRS Uncertainty Summer School was held from July 24, until August 19, 2011 at the Max Planck Institute of Economics, Jena. Information on schedule, courses and talks and a report of the SuS 2011 are now available!
- The 4th Thesis Workshop of the IMPRS Uncertainty: 21.02.2011 - 24.02.2011 at the Berlin, MPI for Human Development
- Workshop "DB Uncertainty" was held in Jena, November 8th and 9th, 2010
- The 4th Topics Workshop of the IMPRS Uncertainty was held at the Center for the Study of Rationality, in Jerusalem , October 04th- 08th. 2010.
- The 4th IMPRS Uncertainty Summer School was held from July 25, until August 20, 2010 at the Max Planck Institute of Economics, Jena.
Courses, Talks, Overview as pdf, Detailed schedule as pdf
- 3rd Thesis Workshop, 2010 was held at Castle Ringberg. It was scheduled for 15.02.2010 – 19.02.2010. The workshop gave students the opportunity to present the progress of their thesis projects to the IMPRS faculty.
- 3rd Topics Workshop, 2009 in Trento: organized by the Doctoral School of the Interdepartmental Centre for Research Training in Economics and Management, University of Trento from 21.09. – 24.09.2009.
- 2nd Thesis Workshop 2009, Jena
- 2nd Topics Workshop, 2008 in Bloomington
- 1st Thesis Workshop, 2008 in Bonn
- 1st Topics Workshop, 2007 in Berlin